יום חמישי, יולי 06, 2006

Birds!

I was walking to work today, and the grass in the park on the way was filled with little parrots that I havent seen here before.

The parrots are small, reminding me of the ones we have in Israel - but more colorful.

The head and wings are green, but the back (when not covered by the wings) is red, and so is the neck. Sadly I didnt have my camera on me, so I had to take a picture with my mobile phone (with its full x2 digital zoom):

The place here is just swarming with all kind of birds. There are the big white parrots that you see everywhere here and sometimes in sydney (white all over, with a red neck) and there are a lot of water birds with long legs and black and white bodies, some ducks and I saw from the distance big black birds...I am not sure what kind (I know that in Canberra there are swans, but I dont think these were swans - probably something else).

At least I didnt see any of the ugly sydney Ibis birds, and the crow population here isnt as loud as the ones in sydney - there its sounds like someone is wringing a cat all the time.

This weekend (starts in 20 minutes!) I wont go to ski, as some friends from work agreed to go together next week. this way there is less chance Ill get lost. Instead, I put new wheels on the bicycles and am planning to tour around and get you more Kangaroo pictures, and maybe other things. And maybe I will drive to town in my car and practice driving on the wrong side of the road.

אין תגובות: