יום ראשון, יולי 02, 2006

Kangaroos and a new car

Hello, In three days I will switch back to hebrew - when I get internet in my new apartment...be patient! It was a cloudy weekend here in Canberra, so most of my pictures are going to be somewhat gray. Here is the view from my apartment: You will notice the lake between the trees (middle of the picture). I went for a jog around the lake on Sunday, and to do so I had to cross the bridge on the north side of the lake. The view was great, but is was too cloudy to get really good pictures. here is one anyway: I continued over the bridge and found that there are kangaroos everywhere! So instead of running around the lake I found my self chasing Kangaroos with the camera. Its hard to explain the feelings I had the first time I came face to face with a kangaroo. Its a bit disconcerting to see a 2 meter's tall rabbit, looking at you as if saying "its Elmar Fad season!". I got as close as I dared and took some pictures, just for you! During the run I also saw many amazing birds of all kinds. Apperantly Canberra is like a capital for the birds, and there are so many here, with different colors and sizes - its amazing. Since my house is just oposite the lake,its easy to just walk across the street into the park and go bird watching. Oh, Last weekend I got tired from going around in busses. Its cold enough as it is, and the bus stations are not the best places to hang around at night. Also, I wanted to start traveling - going skiing in the mountains, going to the caves and seeing Australia. So I bought a car. This is a Toyota Yaris yrs (super red) and its all mine. It will take me 3 years to pay for it, from which you can probably assume that I descided to stay here for the entire term of my visa (4 years) at least.

תגובה 1:

Rodt אמר/ה...

Never corner a kangaroo - particularly a big male. It's *extremely* rare, but they have been known to attack.

Oh, and they taste good too.
Roasted, or stuffed with fruit. And low in fat.