יום ראשון, דצמבר 11, 2005

Arrived!

The Sagi has landed!

This is my first day in the land of Oz, and I am starting to realize that I am not in Kansas anymore. On the other (happy) end, I didnt bring the "little" dog with me, so I guess there shouldnt be a repetition of Dorothty's adventures. At least I havent seen any witches yet...

The flight was nice. From Tel-Aviv to bangkok I sat with a very nice couple from Singapor. Talking with them made the flight pleasanter than it could have been, having just left my familiy behind in the airport, not knowing when we will meet again. We chatted all through the flight (except when we slept), and they advised me on many things. What great people there are in the world. We exchanged email adresses in hope that I could come to Singapore one time (they have contacts in Australia...they dont need me for it).
The El-Al flight was nice, if a bit cramped in the leg area. I hate sleeping with nothing to lean against, and I didnt have a window seat. But the entertainment facilities that El-Al gives in the tourist class is superb, and the food is a definite improvement from the last times I was in El-Al flights.

I chickened out of buying a camera in bangkok, so no pictures from today. Sorry. I will check the prices here, and when I see how I'm doing financialy I'll buy one. promise.

The Thai flight to sydney was also ok, I slept most of the way, mostly because unlike El-Al they believe only business and first class should have personal video screens. Also, I have already seen the in-flight movie. The food however was much better than the El-Al food, but I guess thats just because I am still considering pork a luxary. Give me a month or two here in OZ and I'll look down on the pork dinners in Thai.

The office seems great! all yellow and full of nice people. I will probably start remembering thier names in two or three weeks.

I opened a bank account today. Guess what? no fees! thats right, you can open a bank account and they dont charge you money! they dont charge monthly fees, and they give you 6 free ATM actions a month. On the other hand, you dont get a premium for the money you deposit. other types of accounts give you 5% for money in the account, and I can open one in the future and transfer money from one account to the other. Hear that Discount,Poalim and Leomi???

Tomorrow I'll take some documents from the bank and get them to the medicare and thus will get medical insurance. I'll check what that covers. With medicare, I'll be able to fill my tax forms, thereby allowing me to complete my superannuation forms. confused? dont be. I have help from our wonderfull HR Manager Antoinette Lawlor, and she tells me not to worry - so why should you? Anyway, we are off to lunch now. Some vegitarian chinese food place. I will tell you how it was in a few days after I get to get a sample of other places.

אין תגובות: