יום שלישי, דצמבר 13, 2005

Beer naming, and Asian food

Well, second day here and so many things to tell. Yesterday the guys took me to a vegetarian Chinese place in Hyde park, which had the best Chinese cooking I have ever had. Don't ask me what it was - I couldn't understand a word the waitress said. It was all vegetables wrapped in a sticky film. For dessert I had a Chinese doughnut. This morning I went for a jog in Hyde park and the botanic gardens. I ran all the way to the harbor and along it until I saw the opera house. Fantastic view. We also had lunch at the Hyde park, sitting on the grass. At work today everyone were excited about the bottling time. Some people here started a brewery in the server room where the air conditioning broke down and all the servers heat up the room making it a perfect environment for making beer. Bottling day means we took the beer out of the fermentation tank and into bottles with small sugar cubes (so that the yeast continue fermenting with no air - making gas instead of alcohol). We had a celebration for this, drinking store bought beer (James Boag's Premium beer) and eating pizza (domino's - pepperoni, chicken and bacon) I am currently staying in the Vibe hotel in downtown Sydney - 4 minutes walk from the office and from Hyde park. Its a nice place (for a hotel), but I cant wait to have a place of my own. Meantime its nice to have someone to clean up the room after me, but food here costs so much that I am looking forward to cooking for myself (although I didn't check the prices in grocery stores...There aren't any here down town) Right now everyone is arguing about the name we will name this batch of beer. Funny and smart names are sought, and being that we are a computer company, names with technical implications are welcome. Any ideas?

אין תגובות: